What's your approach to self-care and why is it important to you?
We'd love to connect in this 45-minute experiential session where we'll dive into effective ways to engage in regular self-care through some short & simple guided mindfulness-based meditation practices.
Research shows resilience is becoming one of the most critical traits of high performance leaders, and regular self-care is a key component of resilience practice. With it, you can learn to cultivate greater energy, wellbeing and stamina to bring your goals into reality.
Participants will be provided a brief overview of the science of mindfulness and guided through three short mindfulness-based practices that can be applied to your daily life immediately!
The longest practice will be about 5 minutes and there will be breakout rooms and opportunities for group sharing, reflection and discussion.
The session will include:
- Break-out room discussion on the role of self-care and why it's important to you
- Short introduction to mindfulness and the scientific research behind it
- 3 short guided mindfulness-based practices
- Mindfulness of breathing meditation
- Self-compassion: theory, short guided practice & reflection
- Short mindful movement practice (no equipment needed)
- Closing intention - you'll be invited to set one intention for your future self-care starting now
Note: participation in any of the guided practices is completely optional and cameras can be on/off at any time. And while we'd love you to share in the break out rooms, it is totally fine to just say "pass" if you don't feel like it. We invite you to get comfortable and enjoy taking some time for yourself during this session!
And, if self-care is something that seems to fall off your "to-do list", know that you're not alone! This workshop is for you - you'll walk away with some simple things you can do immediately to support yourself.
If you're already engaged in regular self-care practices, we'd love you to come share your lived experiences with the group.
Hope to see you there!